- A 2022 report by EasyDMARC identified that “during the first half of 2022, EasyDMARC’s platform blocked more than 90 million phishing attacks.“
- That same reported also pointed out that “finance is the most attacked industry globally, with a quarterly increase of 5.8% in the number of attacks.“
- Phishing attacks continue to be a major issue for businesses and individuals alike. In fact, research by UpCity concludes that “the most common causes of cyber-attacks are malware (22%) and phishing (20%).”
O’Mard Consulting Services, LLC is committed to growing global cybersecurity awareness. Once again, we have signed on as Champion for Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2022. Founded in 2004, Cybersecurity Awareness Month, held each October, is the world’s foremost initiative aimed at promoting cybersecurity awareness and best practices. The Cybersecurity Awareness Month Champions Program is a collaborative effort among businesses, government agencies, colleges and universities, associations, nonprofit organizations and individuals committed to the Cybersecurity Awareness Month theme of ‘It’s easy to stay safe online.’
This year, the Cybersecurity Awareness Month’s main focal areas revolve around four key fundamental cybersecurity best practices:
- Recognizing and reporting phishing – still one of the primary threat actions used by cyber criminals today.
- Understanding the benefits of using a password manager and dispelling existing myths around password manager security and ease of use.
- Enabling multi-factor authentication on personal devices and business networks.
- Installing updates on a regular basis and turning on automated updates.
The following info-graphic highlights key findings regarding phishing attacks.
Have any questions regarding phishing attacks or cybersecurity best practices in general? Contact us and we will be glad to assist you with your security needs! Make sure to subscribe to our mailing list to stay up to date with our latest security tips and tricks.